Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shari: I Dream of Small Spaces


I agree this is going to sound a little weird, but I dream of living in a studio apartment. Weird because, really, who exactly would say that they would like to live in a cramped space with your bed in the same room where you entertain people? That of course is assuming you would have people over at all, because let's face it, a studio apartment isn't really a comfortable setting for a regular dinner party. But in all seriousness, I've always wanted to live in one while I'm young and single, and not just because I want to be able to have a place to call my own. It's a small-space challenge, and I've seen plenty of stylish tiny apartments that makes me think I might want to take a knack at it someday.
All the white makes it look airy. And forgoing the living area by putting a huge bed right by the kitchen counter is a way to tell people you're not apologizing for living in a studio.

I love the mismatch of it all. And having a bed in the living room just makes for more seating having friends over.

A bed right in the middle of the apartment? So cool!

This one's my favorite, one that I'll probably try out even if I don't live in a studio. Isn't the stack of coffee table books/night stand unique? Plus pushing up the bed to the window likes that starts the day off with a ray of sunshine (and forces you to get up when the day is looking too bright).

No comments:

Post a Comment